No announcement yet.

A lot of glass.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of glass.

18' Safari truck by Speciality Vehicles.

I make the top and clear sides.
    A little something different from boats boats boats.

HP

Done. Had to set it aside to catch up on weather window at the lake.

This truck goes back to www.specialtyvehicles.com for seats and finishing, then off to Hawaii for a life of tropical tours.

HP

Comment

nice.. did you just use rolled glass? What product did you install?

Comment

Specialty Vehicles supplies the clear vinyl. I'm not sure where they source their's. We get our eisenglass / clear vinyl from Tri-Vantage in CA.

We always use .030 on trucks and boats.

HP

Comment

Another truck. 19' box, with side door. Ran short on glass due to defects.

HP

Comment

Sent back to Specialty Vehicals for seats and finish hardware, then off to the customer.

HP

Comment

You almost have a production line with those things!!

Comment

Originally posted by Azz View Post
                You almost have a production line with those things!!
                We're doing pretty well with them. My times get shorter each unit as I find new assembly methods.
                Still takes 8 rolls of seam tape to complete, and now both consew have goo under the baskets. Called the guy today to come break them down and clean them out, oil them up and make all pretty, for me to use up again. Another truck on the board already.

HP

Comment

I pull down my machine about every ten working days for the same reason, takes me 30 minutes to do.

Comment

• Barefoot Marine Canvas
                    Editing a comment
                    I love these trucks, Is there a screen set up with the glass for the bugs?
                    Can I ask what you clean out the seam tape goo with? acetone maybe?

I use this stuff, read the detail, I think it’s called Recosol R55 in the US.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/diggers-...llite_p1563463

Comment

So far, the only variations on the safari trucks has been the bed length, hardtop, and one came with a hard face because it needed to travel highway speed to the trailhead. I have not done a truck in screen... yet.

The next truck will ship with two full sets of canvas-wear. Not sure if the customer has an old truck needing new top and sides, or the owner is planning way ahead and just wants a backup set.. ??

HP

Comment

They dropped the next truck. This one gets a double set, roof and sides.

HP

Comment

Comment

Bobbin envy.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X