ID:	631Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	632Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	633 Will fit the curtains tomorrow, little snapline stern awning in Stamoid Open. Made up a new stainless bow for this, existing alloy one not strong enough.
    Last edited by Azz; 01-10-2018, 11:40 PM.

How is the canvas attached to the hardtop?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	644Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	645 It called Snap or Lock line. You fix it to the bow and then stretch fabric over then hammer a locking strip in.
      Last edited by Azz; 01-11-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• HolePoker
        HolePoker commented
        Editing a comment
        Do the ends need to be screwed/rivited shut to prevent the wind from ripping out the lock strip?

Here in southern Nevada, high wind and intense sun are the death of most marine covers, tops, and enclosures.
        Tenara thread and HD #10 locking zippers are a must.

HP

next question I would have is how is the lock line fixed to the frame

Comment

Since there doesn't appear to be a bow pocket, you must have used the lock line on both hardtop and stainless? If so, as per Heath, how is it attached to both areas? Also looks like it can be used with Keder.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	649Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	651Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	87.1 KB ID:	652 Hey guys,
          screwed, riveted, bolted on. Snap line on the bow, regular track on vessel.
          It has a track incorporated so you can hang curtains.
          Pics are two different boats, one has a bit closer detail.
          Last edited by Azz; 01-12-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	90.0 KB ID:	654 With curtains
            Last edited by Azz; 01-12-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

HolePoker
              Yes, you need to fix the ends. We glue rather than screw, much neater. I have screwed off on one that was going to cop a beating.
              Both of those boats regularly get towed up and down the hwy at 100kph. Those two are a couple of years old, the one with Grey curtains I saw yesterday and looks like the day it left here.

Like yourself we only use PTFE thread and #10 zips. With zips, we will try to run them the same as wind direction or use other means to keep them closed over a locking slide. Salt water environment here, so we find lockers play up due to lack of client maintenance.

Use the KISS theory

Comment

AZZ looking at the one picture, frame looks to be welded. Do you weld your own frames also? Remind me to ask you about this at Savannah

Comment

Now that I have seen it, that lock line is frigging genius! Wish we had a US vendor for it.
                  Last edited by lakedrifter; 01-15-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Eric yes / no on the welding. I can weld frames. No I didn’t do that one. My TIG is not good enough yet to charge out. If the weld is covers up I’m happy to do it.
                    I can get get strong welds or I can get pretty welds. Both at the same time is testing me out and at this point I’m not the one choosing which type I get

learning through trial and error and YouTube vids. Bloody TIG welder has nine knobs on it to play with!!!
                    cant wait to see you in Savannah. We got our costumes for the party yesterday

Comment

Sucks I'm gonna miss you guys by 600 miles. Will be in Beaufort NC working on plan B

Comment

Whats Plan B?

Comment

• lakedrifter
                          lakedrifter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          42' Spencer Ketch. Maybe I will get to sail to Australia one day. Get some ideas for shade from ya Shes up on the hard right now. The previous owner started a refit but has since falling into some health issues.
                          Last edited by lakedrifter; 01-16-2018, 07:43 AM.

• Azz
                          Azz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ohhh, start a new thread with pictures hey?
                          Bring it over and we can make covers, fuel will cost bugger all!!!

If you're coming to the states.... can you bring a suitcase full of Fan Tails?!
                        You'll be my dearest mate.
                        And the Mrs., she loves them Jaffas. Click image for larger version  Name:	20171024_164320.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.1 KB ID:	670Click image for larger version  Name:	20171024_085222.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	671
                        I will gladly pay post from Savannah to Las Vegas on whatever you can bring.

HP
                        Last edited by HolePoker; 01-15-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

No worries mate, pm me your address.

Comment

Working...
                          X