Pontoon Boats - D back couch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontoon Boats - D back couch

I have been working on a pontoon boat going on 5 weeks now. 2 of the 3 couches were toast. Foam along the top was destroyed.

I had tried sculpting it at first from a large block of foam but it was too time consuming and you could see way to many imperfections.

Instead I ended up using squares of 4 x 5 1/2 x 8 3/4 inch blocks and ran them through a plywood jig i put together. I came out with way better results.

As for the jig, I just sliced a section from the original that was usable and traced the side profile on to plywood x 2. I added a small piece piece of plywood to one end to act as a stopper.

I just had my foam guy cut me some 80" blocks of 5 1/2 x 8 3/4 and took it from there.

Once I had my small blocks in the jig I just used the ole electric knife to go around it.

Mind you I kept everything in order as I cut it, because unless you have a foam table its not going to be perfect.

Once I glued them back together and installed them. I went around with the grinder and a 36 grit pad to work out any imperfections.

I was using 50 density foam.

Attached Files
    Last edited by lakedrifter; 07-16-2018, 09:38 AM.

Great way to over come a problem. Started on the covers now?

Comment

For sho my friend!!! putting the last couch together tonight. All that is left is a captains chair and then reassemble of the whole boat. Should be done by this weekend.

I bid 4k on this boat when I didn't know any better. that was carpet and upholstery. Should have been closer to 5k with all the new foam I had to put into it. I honored what I quoted though.

Comment

Sad. https://www.pontoonstuff.com/collect...oon-boat-seats Don't waste your time on pontoon seats.
        Last edited by Eric; 07-16-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Good to know Eric!

Comment

Working...
          X